HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
מספר אנשים מקסימלי5
גודל17 מטר רבוע
|כתובת||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, בריטניה|
|סוג נכס||חדר פרטי|
|פרטי הזיהוי של מקום הלינה||5XFJSKGR|
|Response time||A few hours|
1. PROFILES: Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
2. Make a note of my ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address
4. AUGUST 2017 FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many dozens of visitors from East and West:
Hong Kong * Japan * China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India * Australia * New Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Netherlands * Germany * Austria * Belgium *Switzerland * France * Italy * Greece * Spain *Iceland * Portugal * England * Ireland
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village - frequently you meet someone you know when you're out. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons,and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together.
The garden flat is a 22-MINUTE WALK FROM WAVERLEY TRAIN STATION & PRINCES STREET, AND 30 MINUTES TO THE ROYAL MILE. There are many local bus services nearby. My home is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). For groups and families there are two extra mattresses with all bedding placed on the floor if required, **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS VERY LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk/worktop, comfortable arm chair and closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, my room is adjacent near the kitchen.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. For 1-3 persons breakfast may be taken at the small half-round kitchen table 830-930, or by arrangement, and larger guest groups will have breakfast at the 200 year-old Scottish farm table in the lounge.
Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating, 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided. Children ( DISCOUNT for CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16, please ask at time of booking, under 5 years are free) and pets welcome. I am also gay-friendly. There is an extensive collection of photographic arts and Oriental carpet books, as well as maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinema & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport the new TRAM
• Edinburgh is a very walkable place. It is an easy walk or bus to Princes Street, the Olde Town, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station all in central Edinburgh.
• Excellent international restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
UK RAIL TRAVEL?
Beware UK rail prices which seem to have no logic. However with a little planning and knowledge you can very often travel much cheaper particularly long distance.
SPLIT-TICKETING: Longer journeys can often be less expensive by shopping carefully, buying in advance ON LINE, and breaking up your journey into 2, 3 or more segments, with tickets for each part of the journey,often at major junctions. Look online for "split ticketing". It is legal & usually worth the effort
כללי הביתGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|מחיר ליותר מ-1 אורחים||$ 26 US לאורח/ לילה נוסף|
|מקסימום לילות||5 לילות|
David was an excellent host. He allowed us to drop our bags off early and provided us with a key so we could return in the evening as we wished. He is a pleasure to chat with and gave us excellent recommendations on restaurants nearby. The location is great. Broughton is a real neighborhood with nice shops. It is very local; not as touristy. David also recommended a 30 minute walk to Leith along the river. We recommend both the walk and Leith highly.
The only downside is that the accommodations are not up to others we've booked on Wimdu. Especially the beds, if you value sleeping comfort as much as we do. The pictures are indicative of the accommodation so if you are OK with the room, we can highly recommend David and the location is very good, especially for people who like a little bit of a walk to the sites and restaurants. It's walkable to the royal mile though uphill.
Vielen Dank für den lieben Empfang mit Tee, obwohl wir weit vor der vereinbarten Zeit angekommen sind. Sehr schönes Zimmer und toller Garten wo man ein paar Tage länger bleiben kann. Leider ging unser Urlaub nach dem leckeren Frühstück schon zu Ende. David konnte uns noch einige Tipps für die Stadt geben.
Wir verbrachten 5 wundervolle Tage bei David. Er versorgte uns nicht nur mit einer guten Übernachtungsmöglichkeit und Frühstück, sondern half auch wo immer er konnte: bestellen eines Taxis (übrigens 7,80 Pfund bis ins Zentrum), Tipps und Tricks (Kofferaufbewahrung am Busbahnhof günstiger als am Hauptbahnhof (5 - 7 Pfund, je nach Größe des Faches), Wegbeschreibungen, holte Infos über's Internet für uns ein und erzählte uns so manch Wissenswertes über Land und Leute. Also, David, besten Dank und vielleicht bis bald.
David was welcoming and helpful: lending us city maps, suggesting nice places to visit (Cramond village), waking up at 7 AM in order to make breakfast before we would head out to the great Edinburgh run! We also had the chance to listen to some live guitar! ;) And the bread was delicious! The flat is nice, a 12-minute walk from the city centre.
David est très accueillant et de bon conseil. On peut aller facilement à pied de chez lui jusqu'en centre ville. Une seule chambre mais possibilité de 5 couchages et très bon petit déjeuner le matin.
Ons verblijf in Edinburgh bij David was super! David is een zeer aardige en attente gastheer. Hij is ook een interessant en open-minded mens, waarschijnlijk ook door de vele reizen die hij gemaakt heeft. Ik zou iedereen die naar Edinburgh gaat en gebruik maakt van een accomodatie van Wimdu onmiddellijk David's appartement aanraden. Het is basic, maar erg gezellig en je voelt je er meteen thuis.
David, thank you so much for having us, we had a great time at your place and we enjoyed talking to you. We would recommend anyone to book this apartment in your home. Joyce, Cas and Marjon
Welcoming, quiet and characterful niche in central Edinburgh. Walking distance from all the main sights, shops etc yet no traffic noise! The room warm, peaceful and well thought out with good storage a desk, chair and comfortable armchair as well as good bed. I was able to come and go at times that suited me - no restrictions or complications. David a considerate and practical host, who made my visit a real pleasure.
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
- הבטחת איכות מקומות הלינה
- כל מארח מאושר טלפונית
- תשלום מאובטח