NYC from the Local's Perspective
מספר אנשים מקסימלי6
- מתאים גם למשפחות/ ילדים
- אינטרנט/ אינטרנט אלחוטי
- מותר להביא חיות מחמד
- מיזוג אוויר
- חדר הניתן לנעילה
|כתובת||23rd Street, 07087 Union City, ארצות הברית|
|פרטי הזיהוי של מקום הלינה||9NCF3BI7|
This is a 2 bedroom apartment located on the top floor of a 2-family home. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and a few blocks to the buses that take you to Manhattan in 15 minutes.
If you are interested in renting just one of the bedrooms, please go to Wimdu/1Q05PZOR (RedRoom) or /99UF2OL3 (GreenRoom)
It is ideal for people looking to visit the city for a couple of days as well as people looking to stay for a couple of months. Please message me if you are interested in staying for an extended period of time and I will be happy to discuss long-term pricing with you then.
The apartment has been completely renovated, including the bathroom. The walls have been newly painted and all furniture is brand new!
Please make sure that you check all my other listing – the RedRoom & GreenRoom, and if you don't find the dates you're looking for, shoot me an inquiry anyways and I'll do what I can to help you, including recommending other great local hosts.
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
ABOUT THE APARTMENT and the house:
* There is a fully equipped kitchen and refrigerator. We provide coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We encourage you to make yourself at home. Depending on the length of your stay, you can stack up on food and drink, there is plenty of storage space! We suggest restaurants (menus on the book shelf of those that deliver!)
* Keypad code (no physical keys) so you can come and go as you please
* There is a key to each bedroom to assure privacy and security
* THE BEDROOMS: The RedRoom has a queen-sized bed and a closet, the Green Room has a day bed with a pullout bed. Each room comfortably accommodates two people. The living room couch can be pulled out into a queen-sized bed, sleeping an additional 2 persons.
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* We can install child proof rail guards
* LGBT friendly
Interaction with Guests
I do not live in the house. I like to come by the morning after guests arrive to answer all questions and to make sure everything is in order. After that I keep in contact with guests via WhatsApp or other applications (Email or phone), so we can be in contact at all times. I am only a few blocks away and can be there in 10 minutes if need be.
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to the Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town around the corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run 24/7.
It is easier and faster to commute into the City from Union City than commuting from Brooklyn or Queens. If you were to stay in the Bronx it would take you 40 min to get to Times Square. If you were to stay in Brooklyn it would take you the same amount of time as subways in Brooklyn are not direct. If you were to stay in Manhattan you would not find a place as big as this one for this price.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood; a Bodega around the corner (open until 11pm), an Italian deli across the street from it, and the supermarket is just a few blocks away.
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
Believe it or NOT – it is possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (7 blocks) walking from the central bus stop at post office.
2. The jitney bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will get to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4. The price of these express buses is $3 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find a timetable or route on the internet for these buses, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
6. City bus #22 runs every 30 minutes into Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss, Birthplace of Frank Sinatra and Baseball (where you can also catch the PATH into Manhattan 33rd Street and/or the World Trade Center) and bus #123 every 15-30 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan’s Port Authority (42nd Street & 8th Avenue – Times Square)
Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons.
We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City.
כללי הביתABOUT PARKING:
Being an urban area, parking is tight. We will provide a visitor pass so you have the same privilege as residents. Please note, that you must not forget to return this pass, otherwise we will need to charge you $35.00. For those who are not familiar with the parking system in the US, you must adhere to the parking rules - ie NO parking in fire zones / handicapped zones; sweep days; parking meters need to be adhered to and if you get a ticket, do not assume that you will not get another one if you don't move your car.
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or extra fees on top of this, but Wimdu adds their fee. It varies between 6-12% on top of our price.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to Wimdu when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through Wimdu. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the bigger the chance that we will find other guests.
DEPOSIT IS FOR KEYS + VISITOR PASS or any damages that may have occurred. IT WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU BY WIMDU AFTER YOU HAVE CHECKED OUT.
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "GreenwichVillage" in your inquiry to me.
Check out by 11am – if you need to stay longer, a special request can be made, depending if we need the room the same or the next day.
I was born in Vienna, Austria and have been living in the States for some 4 decades. I lived in Greenwich Village and the East Village (NYC) for 25 years - I consider myself a true New Yorker still, although I now live in New Jersey! I speak German and English and the people in the building speak Spanish!
You are sharing the living room, kitchen and bath with another guest. Please be respectful and considerate and clean up after yourself, especially after using the bathroom. Please wash all the dishes, dry them, put them away and take out the garbage before you check out (see recycling notice on the bulletin board).
Security Deposit is held to ensure return of Room Key & Visitors Parking Pass. Please leave your room key in the door lock upon check out, and the parking pass on the bulletin board to make sure that deposit is instantly refunded to you. Check out by 11am
Smoking is not allowed in the apartment – please smoke outside in front of house.
The house is in a quiet residential neighborhood, so PLEASE NO noise after 11pm.
There is lovely family living on the first floor, who can also answer questions.
Please keep food in the kitchen, we keep a pest free house and wish to continue to do so.
NB. Absolutely no downloading of copyrighted materials (no bit torrent, for example). Any copyright infringement by guests is subject to release of guests’ info to copyright holder for further action.
|Weekly rate for up to 4 guests||$ 1063 US|
|Monthly rate for up to 4 guests||$ 2489 US|
|מחיר ליותר מ-4 אורחים||$ 26 US לאורח/ לילה נוסף|
חוות דעת על מקומות לינה אחרים שמציע/ה מארח/ת זה/זו
Hannelore est une hôte très sympathique et à l'écoute. Le quartier est vivant et proche de Manhattan. Notre séjour s'est merveilleusement bien passé et nous recommandons très fortement cette hôte !
It was a pleasure meeting you hannelore. with a lot of important information, you gave me, i was ready for new york! thank you for everything!
Hannelore is very nice and give many good informations. The appartement was great, my sister and I have passed an really good week in NYC.
We would like come back again!!!
Es war alles sehr gut erklärt, die wohnung ist sauber und enhält alles nötige was man braucht. Frau Hannelore Leavy war sehr gastfreundlich, sie hat uns sehr viel erklärt und war immer zu erreichen falls man noch Fragen hatte und hat immer sehr gerne geholfen. Wir können sie ohne einschränkungen weiterhelfen. Vielen dank an sie für ihre gastfreundlichkeit. Lg waldemar & svenja
A perfect place to stay when visiting New York. Very nice and clean flat. Hannelore is very kind and of great help. From Union City it is only a few minutes to the city center of New York. Buses are driving very often. If you have one day more, try to visit also Union city itself. it has some latin-american charm that is quite nice.
Hannelore ist Deutsche und hat uns in allen Fragen schnell und unkompliziert geholfen. Dank ihrer Tipps hatten wir eine sorgenfreie Zeit in NY. Vielen Dank! Die beiden Zimmer waren prima, die Betten gut. Wir hatten allerdings eine "heiße" Zeit, so dass Abkühlung in Form von Getränken notwendig war. Die weiteren Mitbewohnerinnen haben wir kaum zu Gesicht bekommen. Alles war prima!
Nous sommes enchantés de notre séjour à New York. Hannelore nous a bien reçu et nous a donné beaucoup d'explications, sur les visites, les bus....
Elle est très gentille et à notre écoute.
Son appartement est agréable, propre et bien situé.
Nous recommandons vivement son logement
Wonderful stay in this apartment. Just 15 minutes away from manhattan by bus. The apartment is equipped with everything a family need. And is also very clean!!
Wir hatten einen super Aufenthalt in NJ! Die Wohnung ist sauber und mit allen Dingen des täglichen Bedarfs ausgestattet. Hannelore ist sehr freundlich und gibt interessante Infos zum neuen und alten New York. Trotz der Lage in NJ ist man per Bus schnell in Manhattan!
Alles Gute, Lucas
Die Unterkunft liegt für eine New York-Reise super (nur ca 10 Min mit dem Bus in die Innenstadt und wir haben nie länger als 5 Min auf einen Bus gewartet). Das Wohnviertel erscheint sehr sicher (viele Familien mit Kindern) und man kann dort das Vorstadtleben erleben. Das Zimmer ist sehr schön und beinhaltet sogar einen begehbaren Kleiderschrank. Alles war sehr sauber und Hannelore ist eine grandiose Gastgeberin. Sie liefert jede Menge Info's über Stadt und Leute und ist wahnsinnig bemüht den Aufenthalt so angenehm wie möglich zu machen. Falls wir wieder nach New York kommen würden wir sofort wieder dieses Zimmerbuchen.
- הבטחת איכות מקומות הלינה
- כל מארח מאושר טלפונית
- תשלום מאובטח